Aviation security services are created to implement measures to ensure the protection, safety and security of passengers, crew members, aviation personnel, aircraft, facilities of both enterprises and radio navigation facilities, regardless of their forms of ownership and subordination.
The main tasks within the responsibility of the aviation security service "International Airport Odesa" is:
- protection of aircraft and objects in the controlled area of the "International Airport Odesa", their protection from acts of unlawful interference;
- organization and control of access and internal facility regimes in the controlled area, restricted access protected area, and sterile areas of the Odesa International Airport , determined by a decree of the Director General of the Odesa International Airport, by agreement of the heads of border and customs control units;
- settlement of a crisis situation, suspension of an act of unlawful interference, other unlawful encroachment on the normal, safe activities of civil aviation.
Aviation Security Service "International Airport Odesa" in accordance with the tasks:
- Provides a standardized level of aviation security by complying with the conditions of the legislation, government regulations, rules and procedures, as well as the aviation security program of the "Odessa International Airport" for the protection of civil aviation against acts of unlawful interference.
- It protects controlled, sterile zones and restricted access zones protected by "Odesa International Airport" subsection of militarized guards using technical security equipment.
- The subsection of paramilitary guards protects aircraft, including general aviation aircraft, a warehouse of fuel and lubricants, other important objects located in a controlled area, a restricted access area protected in sterile areas of the Enterprise Odesa International Airport, and located on them property.
- It monitors the state of the perimeter fence of the controlled zone of the Odesa International Airport, especially important facilities, for the proper functioning of alarm systems and the clarification of facilities.
- Carries out monitoring on compliance by staff and visitors with the requirements of the Instruction “On the procedure for organizing and ensuring access and internal object conditions at the Odesa International Airport”, on their use of passes, for entry and stay in a controlled area, a restricted access area, and sterile ones zones "International Airport Odesa."
- Develops samples of all types of permits, except material, carries out production and issuance of all types of permits, except material, for passage, passage to the controlled area, restricted access area, which are protected, and sterile areas of "Odesa International Airport".
- Determines the procedure for recording, saving, replacing, withdrawing, destroying and issuing these passes in accordance with the requirements of the Regulations on passes in "Odesa International Airport"
- Performs authorized access to the controlled zone, restricted access zone, which are also protected by the sterile zones of the "Odesa International Airport" of aviation personnel, visitors, and vehicles.
- Exercises control over access to aircraft, movement of vehicles, personnel and passengers on the apron and in other places of the controlled zone "Odesa International Airport".
- Organizes maintenance and repair of equipment of technical means of security (access control systems, alarm systems).
- Takes part in the conduct of official investigations into the facts of the commission, attempts to commit acts of unlawful implementation, non-compliance with aviation security requirements by any natural or legal person with the execution of relevant documents on the results of such investigations.
- Prepares aviation security personnel for actions to resolve a crisis situation, in accordance with the developed plans, by carrying out appropriate training and implements these plans in the event of a crisis occurring within the controlled area.
- Coordinates draft contracts (agreements) between the aerodrome operator and other subjects of aviation activity on the responsibility of the parties for compliance with the requirments of aviation safety.
- Immediately informs the head, the responsible officer of the Security Service of Ukraine and the Authorized Body for Civil Aviation about events affecting the growth of the threat level to the safety of civil aviation, increase the risk of creating a crisis situation, as well as about an act of unlawful interference.
- Prepares annually and quarterly to the Authorized body a report on the results of the work of the civil aviation service.
- Organizes the education and training of aviation sequrity personnel.