International Airport Odesa is the operator of the aerodrome and in its activities is guided by the need to comply with the requirements of the current environmental legislation.
The company is an active member of the Association of Airports of Ukraine of Civil Aviation and participates in the work of the Association’s committees, incl. He is the Deputy Head of the Committee on Environmental Safety.
Odesa International Airport takes part in social actions "Let's make Ukraine clean", "Plant a tree", "Stop ambrosia".
Also, in order to minimize the negative impact on the environment, introducing energy-saving and environmentally friendly technologies, the production of the enterprise gradually replaces fluorescent lamps with LEDs and old diesel generators with new ones. Separate collection of household waste has been introduced.
Odesa International Airport monitors the increase in the informativeness of workers in the field of environmental protection, their motivation to the rational use of natural resources, education of waste management culture.
According to the Directive of the State Aviation Service of Ukraine ED-11-17, a working group was created on the introduction of funds from a balanced account of flight safety requirements and environmental protection, which worked to determine the main environmental aspects, create an enterprise policy and an action program aimed at reducing negative environmental impacts, which include:
- implementation of production control to comply with the requirements of the structural units of the enterprise and third-party organizations, located at the airport, the current legislation, instructions, rules and regulations on environmental protection;
- obtaining permits in the field of waste management and the release of pollutants into the atmosphere;
- keeping primary records of the creation of waste and packing containers at the enterprise in the form №1;
- payment of environmental tax for emissions of pollutants into the air;
- preparation and submission of statistical reports on environmental protection No. 1-environmental costs, f-1 waste management waste, 2-TP air;
- development and production of maps near the aerodrome territory with drawing the boundaries of zones of restricted housing development near the airfield, subject to the influence of aviation noise, electromagnetic radiation, third-party risk, boundaries of sanitary protection zones, subject to air pollution and obtaining a positive conclusion of the Institute of Civic Health named after A. N.N. Marzeeva of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine regarding the use of land in these zones;
- participation in the work of the commission for the investigation of the territory within a 15-kilometer radius from the control point of the aerodrome and the ecological-ornithological survey of the municipal solid waste landfill LLC "Soyuz";
- monitoring of the state of greenery, organization of crown formation, sanitary pruning of trees, prevention of bird nesting, obtaining technical conditions for sanitary pruning of greenery in KP "Gorzelerestrest";
- provision of works with licensing and supervised bodies;
- participation in the preparation of technical specifications, the design of new and expansion of the reconstruction of existing industries, taking into account the conditions of environmental protection, consideration of the technical documentation being developed;
- monitoring of the legislation of Ukraine on environmental protection, making proposals for new bills.